2019-01-23 09:37:30| 中公教育
I. Teaching Aims
· Students will know the content of this reading material.
· Students will get familiar with the topic about computers.
· Students’ ability of grasping the main idea and timeline will be improved.
· Students will pay more attention to the development in science and technology and will have more interests in expressing own opinions in English。
II. Teaching Key and Difficult Point
Teaching key point
· How to help the students understand this material。
Teaching Difficult Points
· How to help them improve reading ability.
· How to help students speak English in public confidently.
III. Teaching Methods
task-based, communicative and teaching methods.
IV. Teaching Aids
V. Teaching Procedure
Step 1:Warming up
(1)Greet to the students.
(2)Free talk:As we know, 21 century is the century of information technology. Science and technology is developing very fast and they have been used in many fields. What does it mean? What are the changes brought by the technology and science? Can you list some changes for us?Ask some ss to share. By discussing this question, we can lead to today’s lesson naturally.
Before reading, the teacher will show some pictures which is chosen from the text and ask students to look at them, work in small groups, discuss what they have in common and predict what’s the main character of this passage?
Step 3: While-reading
In this step, two activities should be included. They are fast reading and detailed reading. In fast reading, students need to conclude the main idea of this text and check whether their prediction is right or wrong. Students may tell me this material is about the development of computers.
After they have a basic understanding of this text, students need to answer some questions。 First one is to find the time mentioned in this text。 And then fill in the blanks with information from the reading above。
1642: began as a calculating machine。
1822: the analytical machine was made by Charles Babbage.
1960s: got new transistors.
1970s: brought into people’s homes。
Now: used by billions of people to deal with information and communicate with each other.
Step 4: Post-reading
1. Retell the passage according to the timeline.
2. Work with their decimates and have a discussion about what are the advantage and disadvantage of computers, five minutes will be given.
Step 5: Summary and Homework
① Let the student summarize what we have learned today.
② Write an short article to talk about your idea about science and technology within 100 words.